- Information collected on the Site
- How we use your information
- Our promotional updates and communications
- Who we share your information with
- Where we store your information
- Third Party Sites
- How long we keep your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of Applicable Data Protection Law data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is:
500 Boylston St, 8th floor
Boston, MA 02116
United States of America
Information collected on the Site
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Information You Provide to Us
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit a query, register for our mailing lists or webinars and when you report a problem with our Site.We may receive and electronically store any personal information you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.It may also include employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our Site
We will automatically collect information from you, including traffic data and statistics, each time you visit our site. This includes:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Technical information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you:
- If you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
- From third parties we work closely with.In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit our websites, we collect information regarding your connection by using various online tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, Local Storage, or HTML5. Information that is collected with these technologies may be necessary to operate the website or service, to improve performance, to help us understand how our online services are used, or to determine the interests of our users. We use advertising partners to provide and assist in the use of such technologies on Turbonomic and other sites.
A cookie is a piece of data that a website may send to your browser, which may be stored on your computer and can be used to identify your computer. Web beacons, including pixels and tags, are technologies that are used to track a user visiting a Turbonomic web page or if a web page was copied to another website. Web beacons may be used in email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages are read, forwarded, or links selected. Local Shared Objects can store content information displayed on the webpage visited, and preferences. These may be used to provide connected features across our websites or display targeted Turbonomic advertising on other websites based on your interests.
Session cookies can be used to track your progression from page to page so that you are not asked for information that you have already provided during the current session, or information that is needed to be able to complete a transaction. Session cookies are erased when the web browser is closed. Persistent cookies store user preferences for successive visits to a website, such as recording your choice of language and country location. Persistent cookies erase their data within 12 months. We use a third party cookie, called _lfuuid. The cookie is accepted or declined by selecting the Personalization option in the consent banner that will appear upon your first visit to our website. The cookie allows a website to track visitor behavior on the sites on which the cookie is installed. Tracking is performed anonymously until a user identifies himself by submitting a form. The cookie is persistent for 10 years before it expires.
You can use the Turbonomic Cookie Manager to learn more about the online tracking technologies we use and to review or set your preferences regarding the information that we collect about you on our websites. The Turbonomic Cookie Manager is either presented as a notification banner when you first visit a webpage or opened by selecting Cookie Preferences in the website footer. The Turbonomic Cookie Manager does not address all types of tracking technologies (for example, web beacons). When using mobile apps, use the options on your mobile device to manage settings.
Blocking, disabling, or rejecting Turbonomic cookies may cause services to not function properly. Disabling cookies does not disable other online tracking technologies, but prevents the other technologies from accessing any details stored in cookies.
Our websites offer the possibility to use third-party social media options. If you elect to use these options, these third-party sites may log information about you, such as your IP address, access time, and referring website URLs. If you are logged in to those social media sites, they may also link collected information with your profile information. We accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of these third-party services and encourage you to review their privacy policies for more information.
For information on cookies and how to remove these technologies by using browser settings, see
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
The personal information you provide may be used for such purposes as
- Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us including:
- administering your account with us;
- notifying you about changes to our service
- Responding to your requests for certain products and services, and providing you with information about our goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collected your information, where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications. See ‘Our promotional updates and communications’.
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- we provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
Information we collect about you from your use of our Site
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our Site safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products/services.
You may receive emails from us if you subscribe to our mailing lists or otherwise request information regarding our products, services, or specific Turbonomic events. We respect your time and attention by limiting the frequency of our mailings.
You can object to further marketing at any time by simply selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email from Turbonomic or purporting to be from Turbonomic, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com.
Who we share your information with
We may give your information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
- Selected third parties. Currently, Turbonomic will not share your personal information with any third parties except if:
- reasonably necessary to provide requested services to you;
- authorized by you; or
- Turbonomic is required to do so by law or regulation, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary
- to conform or comply with any legal, regulatory, law enforcement or similar requirement or investigation,
- to enforce our Terms of Service, or
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Turbonomic or any other user.
Our selected third parties may include:
Organizations who process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law. This includes in supporting the services we offer through the Site in particular those providing website and data hosting services, providing fulfilment services, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, facilitating feedback on our services and providing IT support services from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy (this will not identify you as an individual).
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Turbonomic or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Turbonomic, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law,
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
We may transfer your personal information to the following countries outside the EEA, including to the United States where we are headquartered.
Information collected by Turbonomic is stored in secure operating environments that are not made generally available to the public. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Sites
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in ‘Our promotional updates and communications’ section;
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in ‘Our promotional updates and communications’ section.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Changes to this policy
500 Boylston St, 8th floor
Boston, MA 02116
United States of America