AI-Powered Solution Helps Customers Accelerate Application Modernization
Turbonomic, the Application Resource Management (ARM) leader recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 company for four consecutive years, today announced new features to continuously assure application performance at the lowest cost for applications running on Microsoft Azure.
Customers are increasingly designing, building, and managing mission critical applications using Azure’s rich set of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Optimizing the millions of combinations of configurations at scale is complex. Turbonomic, a Microsoft Certified Partner, is the platform of choice for many of the Fortune 1000 enterprises implementing cloud strategies. The latest Turbonomic platform enhancements help customers accelerate their efforts through:
- Performance Optimization for Azure Reserved Instances: Turbonomic can now make scaling decisions that assure the optimal use of Microsoft Azure Reserved Instances (RI), maximizing RI coverage and utilization while assuring application and virtual machine performance.
- Enterprise Agreement Tailored Pricing: Turbonomic now discovers Azure Enterprise Agreement (EA) subscriptions and captures negotiated discounts so that customers have a more accurate and custom pricing view of the Azure estate that is supporting their modern applications.
- Planning for Migration to Microsoft Azure SQL Database Managed Instance: Turbonomic is providing customers with a roadmap for migration to Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, thereby allowing them to unlock innovation with the SQL Server PaaS offering, help modernize older SQL Server workloads and avoid penalties associated with SQL Server 2008 (R2) end of support. The Azure PaaS migration planning adds to the platform’s existing ability to model the migration of on-premises SQL workloads into Azure Virtual Machines service.
Turbonomic customer, The BARBRI Group, made the strategic decision to migrate all its datacenters to Microsoft Azure. BARBRI chose Turbonomic to enrich its Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution by automating the sizing of Azure configurations to assure application performance and drive the lowest possible cost, while connecting these resourcing actions to application performance Service Level Objectives (SLOs). BARBRI saw ROI within days while freeing up the team to tackle strategic projects and innovate faster.
“Turbonomic takes data from BARBRI’s APM solution, relates it back to the Azure resource stack, and drives actions to ensure that our applications always have the resources they need to perform,” said Mark Kaplan, Senior Director of IT at The BARBRI Group. “This has future-proofed our ongoing strategic initiatives, such as leveraging Turbonomic to manage our containerized workloads as we scale out our environment.”
“Turbonomic enables businesses to intelligently migrate workloads to Azure and, once there, continuously optimize their experience and investment. Intelligent automation helps maximize customers’ investment in Azure no matter where they are on their migration path,” said Jeremy Winter, Partner Director, Azure Management at Microsoft Corp.
“As Microsoft continues delivering more value for customers by growing the Azure catalog, so does the skill set needed to manage those offerings. It’s more critical than ever that organizations leverage automated software and systems in order to continuously and automatically assure application performance, cost effectively, while enforcing policy compliance,” said Charles Crouchman, Chief Technology Officer at Turbonomic.
To learn more, about how customers can drive more reliable performance in Azure with increased cost efficiency, join the “Responsible Cloud Strategy Planning In Microsoft Azure” Webinar on October 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM ET. Register here.
- Learn about how Turbonomic is simplifying the cloud journey through the Azure Migrate Experience, here
- Download the Turbonomic 2019 State of Multicloud report here
- Connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- For news, updates and executive perspectives, visit the Turbonomic Blog
Turbonomic Application Resource Management continuously assures that applications get precisely the resources needed to ensure performance and lower cost while maintaining policy compliance. Privately held, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest-growing software companies, backed by leading venture firms including Bain Capital Ventures, General Atlantic, Globespan Capital Partners, Highland Capital Partners and Iconiq Capital. To learn more, visit turbonomic.com.